"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit."
Rachael's practice focuses on domestic relations law, insurance defense, and civil litigation. Prior to joining Clement Wheatley in 2007, Rachael served as an Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney for the City of Danville. While attending law school, she interned with the Colorado Legal Services in the Family and Children's Unit. She also worked as a law clerk for Lerman & Associates, P.C. focusing on domestic relations law. Rachael currently serves on the Danville Pittsylvania County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and Young Professionals Committee, as a Vice Chair of the United Way of Danville-Pittsylvania County Board of Directors, on the Board of Directors for the Danville Regional Foundation, and as a Middle Border Forward Fellow.
County Chamber of Commerce, 2013
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Virginia State Bar, Young Lawyer's Conference
- Board of Governors, 2009 - 2013
- Danville Bar Association, President, 2013
- American Bar Association 2006 - 2009
- Virginia Bar Association, 2008 - Present
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys, 2011 - Present
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Denver, Colorado,
- St. Mary's College of Maryland, St. Mary's City, Maryland,
Honors: Dean's List
Honors: D'Sousa Fellowship
Major: Philosophy and Women's Studies